Sunday, October 18, 2009

Moving On

I'm writing from the Johannesburg airport while we wait for our flight to Capetown. As usual, not much time. This morning I preached at the Kwa Thema URCSA church, where they gave us a warm welcome and the best meal we've had in South Africa. That is a computer-savvy bunch of teenagers they have there; they took down my information so we could become Facebook friends and I could join their FB group to work toward a youth exchange program. People keep asking when I'm coming back. "Not as soon as I'd like" seems to be the right answer.

I feel like I've forgotten to write most of the really important things on the blog due to lack of time. I've got them jotted down in the journal, though, so hopefully we can keep this blog up when we get back and tell the stories along with the pictures (and maybe get Joe, Carol, and Alden's words up here, too).

Well, we're off to Capetown for a couple of days of site-seeing and our final meeting of the trip. We'll be in touch on Wednesday on our way back through Jo'burg if not before.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog. Stay safe.

    Blessings,
    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,

    Yankees lost to the Angels tonight in an extra innings game. ALCS series stands at 2 games to one - Yankees.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are waiting to welcome you home with a ticker tape parade. Or a meatloaf. Hurry back.

    ReplyDelete