Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home

The most memorable part of my journey home, I am sad to say, is that my camera and video camera were stolen out of my carry-on bag in Johannesburg. I keep looking for them as if they will suddenly appear...but they are definitely gone. Since I don't really buy souvenirs, all personal record of this trip is pretty much erased. I'm sure I'll get over it, but right now it feels like I'm going home with nothing of substance to say, "Hey, I was there!" and that's just kind of depressing.

On the upside, I'm pretty sure I don't have typhoid.

So, after 30-some hours of travel, I am home. So far the jet lag is minimal, but we'll see as the day goes on. Although I don't have pics, I'll keep back-posting from the rest of the trip, and try to fill in with the rest of the group's photos as they get them uploaded.


No comments:

Post a Comment