Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Leaving South Africa

We are gathered around a table outside of the guesthouse where we've been staying in Capetown, waiting for our cab to arrive to take us to the airport. These are my last moments in South Africa, and I am simultaneously very ready to go home, and very sad to leave. I fall a little in love with most of the places I visit, and although this has been a hard place in many ways, I have so enjoyed getting to know the people that I know I will miss it when I leave.

Capetown has been an entirely different experience from Rustenburg. More on that later, but this is more like a vacation spot, and I think being here has made me more ready to leave (which I suppose is weird, since it's absurdly beautiful here and there are a million things to do). Rustenburg was harder to leave; I made real friends there. But thanks to the joys of the internet, we'll stay in touch, and hopefully I'll be able to come back at some point.

The cab is here; we are off to the airport. Tomorrow at noon, we'll be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment