Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A week from tomorrow

Eight days and quickly counting. As a group, we're putting the final details on our itinerary and getting the last-minute call out for donations of funds for school fees, uniforms, and food, children's vitamins, and child-sized blankets to deliver to the orphanage. Individually, we're starting to think about the joy of packing (at least, that's as far as I've gotten...I have a running list of things I need to bring, but nothing actually in a suitcase), and taking care of details like holding the mail and paying the bills. I am alternately really excited and nauseated with anxiety about this trip, but it's mostly just the preparations that are making me nervous. Once I get on the plane, I'll be golden.

Today's task: shopping for necessary items like iodine tablets, small packets of laundry soap, and various first aid supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment